Why Video Testimonials Are Great For Your Business
The most obvious reason for using testimonials on your website is to build trust. More powerful than you waving your own banner, testimonials show potential customers that others have trusted your company and are willing to back up that experience with a recommendation. This is known as social proof: where people’s decisions are influenced by the action of others.
This is a brilliant way to let people know that your product or service has met the needs of someone similar to them and they are happy with the outcome. Testimonials also build understanding that you are experienced and proficient at what you do. All of this translates into higher conversion rates from your website.
Testimonials move to another level when the format is video. It’s no surprise that people prefer to watch video rather than read text. Here are some statistics of interest (Jess Maria https://www.virtuets.com):
- Viewers retain 95% of a message when they watch it in a video compared to 10% when reading it in text. (insivia)
- 90% of users say that seeing a video about a product is helpful in the decision process (insivia)
- Retail site visitors who view video stay two minutes longer on average and are 64% more likely to purchase than other site visitors (Comscore).
- 51.9% of marketing professionals worldwide cite video as the type of content with the best ROI (eMarketer)
So, if you are focussed on:
- Higher conversion rates
- Building trust and
- Engaging potential clients/customers
Then video testimonials should be included on your website. Add to this the power of storytelling in business — which translates into connecting on an emotional level — and you have a recipe for success.
Get in contact with Alison Crossley at My Business My Story, the specialists for storytelling film productions serving Sydney and The Illawarra.
M: 0412 088 499